Virasana (Hero Pose) – Literally meaning Veer means Kshatriya warrior and mighty. This asana makes the mind balanced. Increases the power of concentration.
It makes one more aware of the unconscious realms and soon provides physical and mental peace. The process of thinking becomes very clear and subtle. This asana is useful for those people who think too much or whose thought process remains uncontrolled or neurotic. It is a very good asana for kidney, liver, reproductive organs and stomach organs.
Special : It has many methods prevalent.
Table of Contents
- Types of Virasana (Hero Pose):
- Note :
Types of Virasana (Hero Pose):
Kind of Three Types of Virasana (Hero Pose) :
Ist Type of Virasan :
Sit in Vajrasana Pose, but keep the buttocks on the ground. Keep the heels and soles next to the buttocks. In this way, the distance of one sole from the other sole will be about one and a half feet, now keep the hands above the knees in the state of knowledge.
Keep your back straight. Pause as long as you can while taking a deep breath. Joining both the hands together, taunt straight above the head.
Take a deep breath. Wait for some time, now relax the hands and keep them on the soles and bend forward. Keep the tip of the nostril between the knees. Breathe in naturally. Now exhale and get up and relax the legs.
Benefits of Virasana (Hero Pose)
- This is a type of Vajrasana, so it can be done even after eating food. Due to this, the heaviness ends due to proper digestion power. (If you do it after a meal, don’t lean forward)
- Relieves rheumatic pain and gout in knees.
- Gets relief from heel pain.
- Air disorders are destroyed.
- The body remains light and the mind happy.
IInd Type of virasan
In the second position, sit in Vajrasana. Now bend one leg (knee upwards and foot should touch the ground) and place it near the knee of the other leg.
Keeping the palms together, stretch it straight above the head or keep it as shown in the picture. Allow natural breathing. Now do this posture by changing the legs. Stay in this position for at least 8-10 seconds. Do this action 4 to 6 times.
- In the position of the first type of asana, on the Swadhishthana chakra.
- In the second stage on the Muladhara Chakra.
Benefits of Virasana (Hero Pose) IInd Type :
- Control the breath while meditating on the Muladhara. This brings the breath into the state of Kumbhaka for a longer period of time.
- You get the benefit of all the chakras.
- Increases concentration.
- Makes the nervous system sensitive.
- It regulates the liver, stomach, kidney and reproductive organs.
IIIrd Type of virasan
Do Vajrasan with one leg and place the other leg on the thigh of the Vajrasana foot, doing the same as Ardhapadmasana. First, the practitioner should get up on his knees with the help of the hands, become stable and adopt the method of connecting both the hands above the head while making balance.
Stay for some time, come to the original position and do it by changing legs. Keep your eyes on or in front of the nostrils.
Breathing : Hold your breath while inhaling. When the posture is in place, do normal breathing. Exhale while coming back.
Benefits of Virasana (Hero Pose) IIIrd Type :
- Laziness ends.
- Vision is fixed. Eyesight increases.
- Brings physical and mental stability.
Some yoga teachers do it according to the first method and the second method is according to the Gherand Samhita. Some yoga masters have named the first method Brahmacharya Asana. Apart from these asanas, there are other types of Virasana.
“Ages changed, times changed, beliefs in religion changed,
languages changed, cultures changed, food habits changed,
but the benefits of yoga haven’t changed.“